Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents. If you
are a current or prospective student applying for a student
employee position, please use your student email address in the
email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Adjunct Instructor, Internet and Web Design
School of Arts, Media, and Communications
Lindenwood University invites qualified applicants to apply for the
Adjunct Instructor position in Internet and Web Design. This
position may teach courses on-campus and/or online for major and
non-majors, which may include introductory courses, as well as
advanced undergraduate and graduate classes. The courses cover Web
and Visual design. The position may also include academic advising,
program design, and student mentoring
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
Teaching and Learning
- Focus on the talents, interests, and future of the student by
clearly communicating learning goals and how those goals are
assessed, teaching course sessions in an organized way, providing
time for reflection, discussion, and application of ideas or
information and by making learning engaging and interesting.
- Develop adaptive thinking and problem-solving skills by using
examples or illustrations to explain difficult points, encourage
students to question ideas or information in the subject, adjust
instruction if students experience difficulties in learning, help
students to understand the language and processes of the subject,
and help students to think through and solve problems, either by
themselves or together as a group.
- Further lifelong learning by providing useful feedback on tests
or completed assignments, using assessment results to provide extra
help or extended learning opportunities.
- Establish a positive, productive, and respectful classroom
environment that is conducive to learning.
- Hold all classes as scheduled and be punctual in starting and
- Enforce/respect University policies, procedures, and rules and
inform the appropriate University official of any violations or
inappropriate conduct by students that cannot be redressed through
normal faculty intervention.
- Distribute the syllabus, by the first class meeting, to each
student enrolled in each course taught.
- Follow the established course schedule, and when needed,
provide written notice of any substantial change(s).
- Require use of the course text(s) to an extent that warrants
- Ensure that students receive reasonable and timely assistance
with course assignments/assessments as requested.
- Administer either an exam or other evaluative activity during
the scheduled final exam time for every course.
- Determine final grades as per the method prescribed in
- Mentoring, such as promoting volunteer opportunities,
conducting research with students, providing curricular
enhancements or extensions, tutoring, promoting resume-‐ building
initiatives, promoting responsible citizenship inside and outside
of the campus, promoting leadership opportunities, connecting
students with University resources, helping students to solve
problems or adapt their thinking, and promoting healthy and ethical
- Providing an unwavering example of professionalism
- Complete any other requirements as requested by the dean.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Engage in scholarly activities and creative endeavors which
contribute to the academic mission of the University.
- Supervise laboratories, independent study activities, and
off-campus learning such as practicums and internships.
- Participate in shared governance assuming positions of
responsibility by volunteering for University events and
initiatives, participating in co-curricular activities, and
- Exhibit interpersonal effectiveness with and respect for
students, colleagues, and administrators by acting as a team player
and coordinating work behavior with colleagues.
Should include the ability to demonstrate and disseminate industry
standard practices in developing the following:
Job may require other duties as assigned
- Understanding of basic web hosting
- User interface design theories and practice
- Development of web graphics and optimization
- Basic SEO practices
- Experience using CMS systems
- Design, develop and teach assigned undergraduate and graduate
courses and seminars.
– Required qualifications to
effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of
education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional
requirements may be designated by position.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Master’s degree required
- Teaching experience beyond the graduate-level preferred, as
well as online teaching experience
May be representative, but
not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities
commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to be organized and work on multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Blackboard, and CAMS.
– Environmental or atmospheric conditions
commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this
Physical Abilities -
- General office and/or classroom conditions.
Activities that are commonly associated
with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical
demands described below are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Notice: At this time, we may not be actively recruiting for
positions in this/these area(s). Applications submitted will be
added to a pool of candidates to be considered for future
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening,
reading and writing.
- Stamina to teach class as required.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education
programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or
any other protected status to all qualified applicants and
employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of
non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive
discrimination-free educational work environment.