Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents. If you
are a current or prospective student applying for a student
employee position, please use your student email address in the
email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Adjunct Instructor, Library and Media
School of Education
: Per Semester
Lindenwood University is searching for experienced candidates to
teach courses within the Master of Integrated School Library Media
. Those with success in a school library setting and
teaching in higher education will receive preference. This position
may be offered as an online course and/or a hybrid course.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators:
Teaching and Learning
- Focus on the talents, interests, and future of the student by
clearly communicating learning goals and how those goals are
assessed, teaching course sessions in an organized way, providing
time for reflection, discussion, and application of ideas or
information and by making learning engaging and interesting.
- Develop and teach content that is up to date for a fast
changing field, using best practices in online and hybrid
- Further lifelong learning by providing useful feedback on
assessments, using the results to provide extra help or extended
- Demonstrate professionalism and establish a positive,
productive, and respectful classroom environment that is conducive
to learning. Enforce all university policies/procedures as
appropriate and report concerns to the appropriate
- Hold all classes as scheduled and be punctual in starting and
ending classes. If teaching online, respond to inquiries within
- Follow the established course schedule, grade policy, and other
policies as established by the course syllabus.
- Complete any other requirements as requested by the dean.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Engage in scholarly activities and creative endeavors, which
contribute to the academic mission of the university.
- Engage in program meetings to assess program progress and
provide valuable feedback
Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to
effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of
education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional
requirements may be designated by position.)
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in all subject matter
- Demonstrate continued learning in all areas of the Modern
Librarian Standards of Missouri.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative,
but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities
commonly associated with this position.
- Master’s degree in education required
- PhD or EdD is preferred
- Current Library/Media certification required
- Experience in a school library setting
- Experience teaching college level course work, online teaching,
and/or online content development preferred.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric
conditions commonly associated with the performance of the
functions of this job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to be organized and work on multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of most school library media technology
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly
associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The
physical demands described below are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Classes are generally taught online or hybrid. General
classroom conditions apply to hybrid courses
- Stamina to teach class as required.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods as necessary
for mode of instruction
At this time, we may not be actively recruiting for
positions in this/these area(s). Applications submitted will be
added to a pool of candidates to be considered for future
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education
programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or
any other protected status to all qualified applicants and
employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of
non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive
discrimination-free educational work environment.