Job Posting Title
Distance Education Adjunct Coordinator
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In
addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four
colleges and district office complex. The District office is
centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for
the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and
are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student
population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate’s
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources
Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an
inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students,
and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources
Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining
diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of
qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty
teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed
basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are
contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid,
weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Under the supervision of the Dean, Distance Education, the Distance
Education Coordinator will provide leadership in distance education
planning, development, implementation and evaluation. The
Coordinator will assist faculty to locate, design, and/or develop
courses using various interactive instructional technologies,
including internet-based online and hybrid courses.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean;
helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering
course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a
thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching
field; continuing professional development; utilizing current
technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards
of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional
position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development
and review; serving on college committees and participating in
faculty governance including accreditation and student
co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as
assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and
responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the
college faculty handbook.
The responsibilities included, but not limited to:
● Maintain currency in distance education regulations, practices
● Ensure compliance with college, state and federal guidelines,
regulations, and policies, including Title 5, accreditation
standards, copyright and intellectual property rights, and Section
508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA ).
● Work with the college community to meet institutional goals
through effective implementation of distance education
● Promote development and implementation of policies, procedures,
strategic planning and standards that support effective delivery of
distance education instruction.
● Assist departments with analysis of existing, and identification
of future, distance education course offerings.
● Assist faculty with obtaining Curriculum Committee approval for
distance education delivery of their courses.
● Serve as liaison to departments and serve on college and
● Coordinate and implement distance education faculty training and
● Assist faculty and others with utilization of the district’s
online course management system.
● Coordinate evaluation of new products and technologies and
advocate for adequate technology resources to support distance
● Assist departments in publicizing and scheduling distance
● Review and evaluate the distance education program for
effectiveness and satisfaction of faculty and students.
● Prepare distance education reports.
● Oversee and maintain the distance education website and develop
other strategies to publicize the distance education program.
● Respond to inquiries from the public and distance education
● Other duties as assigned.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have a master’s degree in instructional technology or distance
education or in a discipline taught at the college; OR, hold a
California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the
discipline area; OR, the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an
2.Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach
details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating
completed or conferred date) (required if using education to meet
the Minimum Qualifications of this position). * (“graduate advising
documents and grade reports” will not be accepted as unofficial
transcripts) (Required). NOTE : Los Rios employees are also
required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
6. Certification and/or Licenses ( NOTE : list requirement with
positions with additional accreditation MQ)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on
the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District
employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the
minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time
of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if
required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work
at an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and
other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Please see LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time,Coordinator Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously
and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based
on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
information on how to apply online with our District. If you need
assistance with any phase of the application process, please call
(916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as
listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from
an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for
this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have
attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5