Job Posting Title
Computer Information Systems (Cybersecurity) Adjunct Assistant
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In
addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees through our four
colleges and district office in dozens of different departments
that support students at our four colleges and provide welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees and our community partners. Each and every district and
college department strives for the highest quality in all programs,
services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational
outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of
qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty
teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed
basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are
contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, online, hybrid,
weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean;
helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering
course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a
thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching
field; continuing professional development; utilizing current
technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards
of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional
position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development
and review; serving on college committees and participating in
faculty governance including accreditation and student
co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as
assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and
responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the
college faculty handbook.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of
professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of
professional experience, OR, hold a California Community College
Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must
attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the
equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Applicants applying to this position are requested to complete
fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on
the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work
at an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and
other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Please see LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open
continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for
assignments based on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
information on how to apply online with our District. Application
services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday
through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human
Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA
95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the
application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during
our business hours. After hours inquiries to be emailed to
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the
successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from
tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the
United States prior to the first day of work. The District may
select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies
or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When
education is a requirement for the position, official academic
transcripts from the accredited college/university must be
submitted within 60 days of hire.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- can you perform the essential functions of the position you are
applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime