About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
The Department of Business Studies and Economics is creating a pool of eligible adjunct faculty for possible teaching assignments during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years. Courses will include Introductory Macroeconomics, Introductory Microeconomics as well as advanced topics in International Economics, among other advanced topics in Economics.
Adjunct faculty are expected to:
- Prepare and instruct classes assigned by the department chair
- Prepare, proctor and grade examinations
- Read, comment on, grade and return student assignments, examinations, reports, etc. in a timely manner
- Provide a course syllabus at the start of the semester to students and department chair
- Use the Salve learning management system (Canvas) to disseminate syllabus, course material and grades to students
- Hold weekly office hours
- Use Salve email to send and receive official email correspondence
- Work collaboratively with other instructors
- Master's degree in business or related discipline (Ph.D. preferred), along with professional and/or teaching experience.
- Candidates should have an ability to communicate effectively, to use technology and learning management systems (e.g. Canvas) effectively in teaching and learning, and to work collaboratively with other members of the department.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Economics Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport