Cyber Security Instructor - Part Time
CYBER SECURITY INSTRUCTOR
Kennedy-King College offers high-quality, affordable, and accessible educational opportunities that prepare students for careers in high-demand fields and to transfer to four year colleges and universities.
Under the purview of City Colleges of Chicago's (CCC) Continuing Education Department staff, instructor is responsible for delivery of CCC's Cyber Security training program. Plans, schedules, and delivers training programs and materials and evaluates effectiveness of educational solutions. Serves as a subject matter expert and collaborates with CCC to customize delivery solutions as required.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Design course to meet learning outcomes, and promote students' active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students' intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student's ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student's academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students.
- Post syllabi and grades on Blackboard.
- BS degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Software Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar technical discipline.
- Experience as an instructor/trainer including planning, scheduling, and delivering cyber security and related training programs and materials.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Certified Security Analyst (CSA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago