STEM Camp Instructor Part-Time
STEM CAMP INSTRUCTOR PART TIME DALEY COLLEGE
Consider joining Daley College Continuing Education Department as a Part-Time STEM Camp Instructor. Daley College's Continuing Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient instructor to teach advanced manufacturing and engineering skill-building to girls, ages 11-14, in a one-week summer camp on the Daley College campus.
The STEM Camp Instructor will develop and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum by taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of participants, helping to inspire the next generation of engineers, entrepreneurs and innovators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-develop curriculum and daily lesson plans that utilize a variety of makerspace and advanced manufacturing tools and practices (including 3D printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters, etc.).
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate and foster confidence in all students.
- Discuss and demonstrate the relevance of advanced manufacturing skills in other areas of life, higher education and career options. Connect activities to the science, technology, engineering, arts and math fields.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules and policies and procedures.
- Associate's degree or higher in a STEM field and/or advanced manufacturing, or significant professional experience
- One year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate discipline preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of students and staff.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!