Adjunct Instructor - Physics
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – PHYSICS
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time faculty to teach physics. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students' diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes students' active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters
students' intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem
solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals
and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of
individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and
conveying confidence in every student's ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and
professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
- Master's Degree in Physics or Engineering Physics.
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of
students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
If size limits prohibit you from attaching your documents, please email required attachments to WR_HR@ccc.edu .
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Speech & Rhetoric Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- English as a Second Language Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago