Adjunct Instructor - Supply Chain Management
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT & LOGISTICS
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking part-time Faculty to teach Supply Chain Management and Logistics during the 2019 semesters at various locations including Erie Neighborhood House. Instructor will teach courses in Supply Chain Management and Logistics certificate and degree programs in a mobile classroom setting. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students' diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students' active participation in their own learning.
- Assess student learning and assign grades.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students' intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student's ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student's academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Administer courses in a mobile classroom. Responsible for driving the mobile unit.
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics with at least 18 graduate semester hours in any combination of Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Management or Marketing with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the supply chain or logistics industry.
- Flexibility to travel to different locations including but not limited to Olive-Harvey Campus and Erie Neighborhood House.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Business Administration with 3-5 years in related work experience OR Master's degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in an appropriate combination of the following subject areas: Business Administration, Business Analysis, Imports/Exports, Industrial Engineering, International Business, Logistics, Management, Operations Management, Project Management, Quantitative Analysis, Supply Chain Management, Transportation.
- Leveraging, Integrating, Networking, and Coordinating Supplies (LINCS) Certification or Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Certification
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System
- Previous teaching experience
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be provided at the time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
We are are an equal and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Accounting & Finance Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago