We are seeking an individual capable of teaching introductory
biology courses and serving as the coordinator for the
implementation of a Quality Enhancement Plan. This is a 12-month
position that includes a half-time teaching appointment. As liaison
to the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) committee, the candidate will
be responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing
pedagogical and metacognitive strategies for introductory major and
non-major biology courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach 6 credit hours per semester during Fall and Spring and 3
credit hours in the Summer.
- Develop support courses for introductory biology sections.
- Serve as the liaison between the faculty and QEP
- Implement QEP vision.
- Develop active learning strategies and other innovative
pedagogical approaches for support classes and introductory biology
- Assists in all areas of program improvement, including
participation in curriculum evaluation and revision.
- Evaluate and assess curriculum of support classes.
- Write reports as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Candidates must have at least a master’s degree in a biological
discipline or in biology education, but a Ph.D. is preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated potential
for teaching biology at the college level, including the knowledge
of innovative pedagogical and metacognitive approaches to teaching
undergraduates from diverse backgrounds.