Extra Help Building Service Worker
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title extra help Position's Functional Title Extra Help Building Service Worker Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University seeks a (900 hour Temporary) Building Service Worker for Prairie Place
Under direct supervision performs the following custodial services and maintenance of assigned buildings:
1. Mops, sweeps, and scrubs floors and other surfaces; 2. Cleans, renovates, and renews floor surface finishes; performs various methods of carpet cleaning 3. Cleans and dusts furniture, tables, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim and related furnishings; 4. Washes and/or cleans window and door glass, washes interior glass, including partitions, framed pictures and doors; 5. Sweeps or shovels snow from steps and walks at building entrances and connecting walkways; 6. Cleans and services lavatories and rest rooms; 7. Cleans and services smoking urns and ash trays; 8. Collects and places debris and recyclable materials removed from buildings in containers for removal; 9. Cleans and waxes furniture;
10. Reports items that need repair;
11. Provides services for maintenance of carpet floor coverings;
12. Operates automatic scrubbers and power sweepers, including rider type, used in connection with building cleaning and also provides operator-type maintenance;
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The hourly rate of pay is $14.36.
1. Must be a resident of the state of Illinois.
2. Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
3. Must have the ability to comprehend basic written and verbal instructions.
Training in the actual work; skills in using cleaning equipment.
Posting Date 07/09/2019 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number CS0301P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/4319 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Cover Letter