Asst Dir, Learn Exp Design
Posting Number 2020285 Posting/Functional Title Assistant Director, Instructional Design University Pay Plan Title Asst Dir, Learn Exp Design Location Round Rock Department Ofc of Distance & Extended Lrng Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $5,428 - $6,513 Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles and models.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to the development and delivery of online and classroom-based courses, including knowledge of effective multimedia integration in web-based and flipped courses, web-based and multimedia tools and their use in online and classroom instructional materials, interface design principles to facilitate instructional effectiveness, and formative evaluation techniques and analyses.
• Experience designing online curricula, including writing instructional design specifications and applying strategies to convert face-to-face instructional activities to online delivery.
• Experience working as an instructional designer in a fast-paced development environment.
• Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Efficient and effective verbal and written communication skills, along with organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent track record of bringing projects to fruition on time and with satisfied clients.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Experience as a project manager in a production environment managing teams of 5 or more people.
• Experience in a formal supervisory role, including approving work hours and conducting performance reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or equivalent.
• 5-7 years of instructional design experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in a formal supervisory role, including approving work hours and conducting performance reviews.
• Experience consulting with faculty on the design and implementation of online course materials.
• Experience providing faculty development in online learning and teaching.
• Experience converting face-to-face, college-level courses to distance and hybrid courses.
• 3-5 years of experiencing managing projects that involve 3 or more people.
• Proficiency with learning management systems, such as Canvas or Sakai.
• Proficiency with commonly used e-learning authoring tools.
• Experience consulting on the design of on-ground active-learning/collaborative classrooms.
• Experience training faculty on best practices in the use of collaborative classrooms, with a focus on active learning strategies.
This position is responsible for leading the instructional design teams and projects while coordinating assistance from other departments.
Consult with faculty to design, develop, and deliver online and hybrid courses.
Manage instructional design projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget and are evaluated for effectiveness.
Supervise and mentor other members of the instructional design team.
Design, delivers and manages faculty development courses.
Provide oversight and direction for programs such as programmatic course development projects.
Assist with strategic planning for the unit.
Provide input into budget development.
Additional Information to Applicants
Applicants chosen for interview may be asked to bring a copy of their official transcript.
Job Open Date 03/03/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/30178 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Design & Graphic Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos