Part Time Groundskeeper is responsible for the care, maintenance,
and repair of the college grounds and landscaping.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in institutional or commercial
- Flexibility and ability to change shift when requested.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record of less than
five (5) points on driving record, preferred.
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass a background
investigation, to include driving and criminal history
This is a part-time position only, hourly position with no
guarantee of permanent full-time employment and is not eligible for
college benefits. Successful candidates may be required to special
hours as needed or required; but, may not exceed forty hours in pay
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Mows, trims, edges grass areas. Weeds, cultivates and mulches
flower and shrubbery beds. Plants, transplants and prunes trees,
shrubs, and flowers. Grades, fertilizes, limes, and aerates sods,
seeds, and waters. Clears wooded areas, prunes trees, and shrubs,
remove fallen trees, branches, weeds and rubbish.
- Performs work associated with maintenance and repairs to campus
landscaping and gardens.
- Participates in landscaping project work.
- Patches asphalt or concrete areas. Performs traffic control
painting and sign maintenance/ installation; as well as, grounds
- Sets up and operates trucks, tractors, mowers, excavators, and
other grounds related equipment. Cleans and performs minor
preventative maintenance on groundskeeping equipment.
- Participates in snow removal efforts.
- Participates in campus exterior trash/recycling
- Assists in the implementation of college and non-college
- Effectively performs in a service environment and follows all
county, state, college, and departmental policies and
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.