Adjunct Faculty - School Nursing
Adjunct Position – School Nursing
College of Education
Educational Services and Leadership Department
Post-Baccalaureate School Nurse Certification
Opening to teach School Nurse Practicum and School Nurse Internship
The College of Education's Post-Baccalaureate School Nurse Certification Program is searching for a qualified adjunct instructor to teach school nurse candidates in hybrid courses and face-to-face class meetings on the Glassboro campus as well as to supervise school nurse candidates in their clinical field and teaching experiences.
Candidates in the adjunct position must have a Master's Degree, relevant experience and appropriate certification. They must be able to utilize professional knowledge and experiences to teach appropriate school nursing skills, observe candidate's abilities and attitudes, offer constructive strategies and provide insight during clinical supervision in order to enhance the student candidate's professional standing as a school nurse.
- Candidates must have a Master's Degree with relevant experience in school nursing.
- Candidates must have appropriate, current, New Jersey RN license, New Jersey School Nurse Certification, current CPR/AED Certification and Malpractice Insurance .
- Candidates should have at least 10 years of experience working in an educational school setting along with a foundation in school nursing services provided in an educational setting where promoting and maintaining optimal health and wellness status of children and adolescents is primary.
- Candidates should be knowledgeable of current New Jersey laws, requirements and best practices as they pertain to school nursing and health office practices and procedures and have a working knowledge of the NASN Scope and Standards of School Nursing.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility and social justice.
- Candidates should have a teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education and the work of the Department of Educational Services and Leadership.
- Candidates must have full availability to supervise during the hours for which the candidate is seeking an adjunct teaching position and willingness to travel to assigned supervision sites.
- Doctorate Degree Supervisory Certification
- Membership in National and State professional organizations.
Starting date: August 2020
Advertised: Feb 24 2020 Eastern Standard Time