Adjunct Position – School Nursing
College of Education
Educational Services and Leadership Department
Post-Baccalaureate School Nurse Certification
Opening to teach School Nurse Practicum and School Nurse
The College of Education's Post-Baccalaureate School Nurse
Certification Program is searching for a qualified adjunct
instructor to teach school nurse candidates in hybrid courses and
face-to-face class meetings on the Glassboro campus as well as to
supervise school nurse candidates in their clinical field and
Candidates in the adjunct position must have a Master's Degree,
relevant experience and appropriate certification. They must be
able to utilize professional knowledge and experiences to teach
appropriate school nursing skills, observe candidate's abilities
and attitudes, offer constructive strategies and provide insight
during clinical supervision in order to enhance the student
candidate's professional standing as a school nurse.
- Candidates must have a Master's Degree with relevant experience
in school nursing.
- Candidates must have appropriate, current, New Jersey RN
license, New Jersey School Nurse Certification, current CPR/AED
Certification and Malpractice Insurance .
- Candidates should have at least 10 years of experience working
in an educational school setting along with a foundation in school
nursing services provided in an educational setting where promoting
and maintaining optimal health and wellness status of children and
adolescents is primary.
- Candidates should be knowledgeable of current New Jersey laws,
requirements and best practices as they pertain to school nursing
and health office practices and procedures and have a working
knowledge of the NASN Scope and Standards of School Nursing.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate communication,
interpersonal and leadership skills and a commitment to fostering
academic achievement, social and personal responsibility and social
- Candidates should have a teaching/learning philosophy
consistent with the mission of the College of Education and the
work of the Department of Educational Services and Leadership.
- Candidates must have full availability to supervise during the
hours for which the candidate is seeking an adjunct teaching
position and willingness to travel to assigned supervision
- Doctorate Degree Supervisory Certification
- Membership in National and State professional
Feb 24 2020 Eastern Standard Time