Waste/Recycling Collector - (STA005911)
Collects, sorts, and disposes of both recyclable materials and solid waste at the University. Assists with maintenance of Solid Waste Division equipment and vehicles in accordance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Collects recycled and solid waste materials at drop off locations across campus. Empties barrels, carts and large containers into collection vehicle and returns them to department. Inspects collection barrels, carts, dumpsters and other department equipment for cleanliness and damage.
- Facilitates the repair, cleaning and replacement of collection barrels, carts, and dumpsters.
- Cleans storage areas, vehicles, work sites, loading docks, and equipment as needed. Picks up litter and debris caused during collection from roadway and building. Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
- Leads temporary and student workers on work assignments.
- Maintains Solid Waste/Recycling Center in a clean, well organized manner avoiding clutter and potential fire hazards.
- Inspects equipment and monitors supply levels. Cleans and maintains vehicles and equipment.
- May work weekends, holidays, and other irregularly scheduled times. May serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Eight years of school and 6 months experience.
Requires the ability to read, write and follow simple oral instructions as might normally be acquired through 8 years of formal schooling.
Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
Note: Applicants please attach three (3) professional references with your submission.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston