Associate Teacher, Child Care - (STA005912)
Assists the lead teacher with the development and implementation of curriculum and classroom instruction at the university's Child Care Center.
- Assists the teacher with the planning, implementation and
supervision of the child development program.
- Develops activities and materials for use in the
- Assumes responsibility for the class in the lead teacher's
absence; performs as lead teacher when necessary.
- Participates with assessment of children's social skills
development and intellectual, emotional and physical growth.
Maintains children's classroom records and portfolios.
- Communicates daily with children, parents and staff regarding
the learning environment, curriculum development and individual
- Participates in.Teacher in Training. professional development
- Assists with daily closing duties and Center events as
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.