Clerk I - ACCESS Office
Clerk I - ACCESS Office
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Clerk I - ACCESS Office
Serve as proctor for a variety of testing activities for students scheduled to test in the ACCESS Office. May be required to oversee and coordinate the administration, security, scheduling and follow-up documentation of all facets of testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical and computer support in the ACCESS Office(s) which includes data entry, assist with sign-in procedures and policies and answering telephone and email inquiries.
- Due to the large volume of student faculty contact, must have an excellent overall knowledge of college policies, procedures, and operations to advise, answer, or redirect telephone inquiries. Staff must also have the ability to conduct themselves in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Assist students in a courteous and professional manner to ease their anxiety. Conduct all test-taking activities in an entirely nondiscriminatory manner (in accordance with local laws and regulations) to ensure that all students receive equal treatment.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties and tasks according to the established practices and procedures with minimal supervision within the assigned time-frame, while maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Serve as readers and scribes when required for student testing.
- Maintain the integrity of the testing room by creating an optimum atmosphere that is secure and free of distractions.
- Must have the ability to maintain restraint and keep calm when faced with interpersonal and or emotional or angry individuals.
- Work varied hours to include days, evenings and Saturdays and flexible to work at various campuses to cover shortages. Must be detail-oriented with the ability to follow oral and written instructions precisely.
- Must maintain a Professional work environment, to include the proper placement of personal items, and leaving the center organized and prepared for the next shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of directly related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge computers of related software
- Knowledge of copiers
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of different departments of Collin College
- Keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, and carry out oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system
- Ability to relate well to students, staff, faculty and the general public in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position, therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. (Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.85 - 13.85
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney