VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested.
Requisition Number 2018121P Position Title Functional Analyst Salary Range $43,028 + experience DBM Rating C41 Job Type Full Time Job Category Professional/Staff Anticipated Start Date 08/01/2020 Campus Brenham Application Deadline Extended Open Deadline FLSA Exempt Security Sensitive? Yes Work Hours 8am - 5pm
The Functional Analyst provides support to the users in the Business and Finance Division in their use of the college’s administrative software systems.
Required Quals Summary Special Notes To Applicants
This position serves as a liaison between the Finance Department and the Computing Services Department. The ideal candidate will understand both the functional side of finance and accounting processes and the technical side of finance software.
This is a 12 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage’s can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/.
Leave time includes 96 hours vacation, 40 hours discretionary and 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month. Paid leave for college designated holiday’s, spring break, thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)
Quick Link http://employment.blinn.edu/postings/7461
1. Serves as primary point of contact and is responsible for support of: ellucian Banner Finance, Purchasing, Budgets, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable systems; Chrome River Travel and Expense system; evisions Intellecheck and Form Fusion systems.
2. Researches application software, data to provide guidance to users and Director as institutional, industry, and regulatory requirements change.
3. Analyzes and documents issues in application software, data and works closely with Programmers to make corrections.
4. Performs other duties or projects as assigned by Director.
1. Associate’s Degree.
2. Two years at a college or university as a user or in technical support of ellucian Banner Finance, Purchasing, Budgets, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, or similar ERP finance modules.
3. Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
1. Demonstrated subject matter expertise in higher education finance and accounting policies and practices.
2. Ability to interface with and communicate effectively with all levels of higher education staff, both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to work in a team environment.
4. Ability to problem-solve.
5. Ability to multi-task and to prioritize work assignments.
6. Ability to secure and protect college data and property by prudent and reasonable business practices.
7. Ability to write documentation describing how to use administrative software, and to use those materials to train user department staff.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Three years at a college or university as a user or in technical support of ellucian Banner Finance, Purchasing, Budgets, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
3. Knowledge and experience using or in technical support of Chrome River Travel and Expense system.
4. Knowledge and experience using or in technical support of evisions Argos, Intellecheck, and Form Fusion.
5. Knowledge and experience using or in technical support of Spreadsheet Server.
1. Knowledge and experience in reading and writing SQL queries.
2. Knowledge and understanding of relational databases.
3. Experience in writing reports from relational databases.
Are there particular working conditions associated with this job that should be noted (I.E., working environment, hours of work, workspace, etc.)? Yes If 'Yes', please explain
Workspace is a cubicle environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Walking, Sitting, Operating office equipment, Seeing, Hearing (with aid), Writing, Counting, Reading, Telling time Custom Text One
Environmental Requirements: Inside, Working closely with other Custom Text Two Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (required
by federal law for persons acting as Designated School Official)?
- * Will you now or in the future require Blinn College to
commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you
(for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)?
This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa
- * Please indicate your highest degree level.
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Master Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Other Degree
- * How many years of work experience do you have at an
institution of higher education?
- less than 1 year
- 1 - 2 years
- 3 - 4 years
- 5 - 6 years
- 7 -8 years
- More than 9 years
- * Describe your highest level of experience reading and writing
- Can read/write select statements
- Can read/write update statements
- Can read pl/sql coding
- Can write pl/sql coding
- * Please describe your computer skills, including your
abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have working knowledge of Ellucian Banner? If so,
please explain your experience and module worked with.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please explain your knowledge of and prior use of each of
these products: Banner Finance, Banner Purchasing, Banner Budgets,
Banner Accounts Payable, Banner Accounts Receivable, Chrome River
Travel and Expense, evisions Intellecheck, evisions Form
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the U.S.?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Advertisement (specify in next question below)
- Blinn employment site
- Word of Mouth
- Internet Site (specify in next question below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Other (specify in next question below)
- * If in the previous question you selected 'Advertisement',
'Internet Site', or 'Other', please specify how you heard about
this employment opportunity.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a veteran? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD214
in the optional documents.
- * Are you an orphan of a veteran who was killed while on active
duty? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you a veteran’s surviving spouse who has not remarried?
If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you claiming Veteran's employment preference? (See
website for definition:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Other Transcripts 1
- Unofficial Other Transcripts 2
- Other Document 1
- DD214 (required for Veteran's or Veteran's preference)
- DD1300 (required for orphan's or surviving spouse)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham