Student Service Assistant - PT Flex
Posting Number S01223 Position Title Student Service Assistant - PT Flex Internal Position Title Student Service Assistant Department Counseling/Advising/Transfer Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
Under the administrative supervision of the Manager of Counseling, Advising and Transfer Center the Student Service Assistant – PT Flex performs receptionist and general office duties. The Student Service Assistant must be prepared to assist students entering the Counseling, Advising and Transfer Center. This position’s primary function is to route students to appropriate offices and services as they visit the Counseling, Advising and Transfer Center.
A Student Service Assistant is to make sure the student is in the right place to best serve their needs as well as communicating effectively with counselors, advisors and other college staff. The goal of this position is to provide students with the best service possible while making them feel welcome and reassured.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Familiarity with use of computers.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Evidence of customer service orientation.
1. Bilingual English-Spanish
Posting Date 02/14/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date 03/16/2020 Special Instructions Summary
This position will re-main open until filled.
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $10.50/HR Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 10-19 hours Work Schedule
10-19 hours a week on an as needed basis.
Monday- Friday 7:30am-12:30pm
Some evening hours may be required 4-7:30pm
Occasional Saturday hours
Software Testing Required Windows, Outlook Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Collecting information from students in a pleasant and efficient manner.
2. Clarifying initial information by entering into a dialog with the student and then informing the student about the next appropriate step in their registration/advisement process
3. Using the PeopleSoft system for basic student information; scheduling and tracking software program; and various informational cards, documents, sheets and reference materials.
The Student Service Assistant must possess some computer knowledge (we will train for specific programs).
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake