Applications are invited for a Research Scientist position with the Systems Software Research Group (https://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu/) at Virginia Tech. The position involves conducting research on program analysis and verification, in particular, on the topic of automated reasoning of unintended, emergent program behaviors (e.g., weird machines) and verifying their non-exploitability. Additional thrusts include verified decompilation and verified recompilation.
- conducting independent research in these spaces
- developing publications for journals, conferences, and workshops, and presenting papers at conferences and workshops
- conducting presentations at sponsor events and technology demonstrations and transitions
Computer science or computer engineering PhD graduates with a background and publication record in verification, security, or program analysis required.
Background in theorem proving (e.g., Coq, HOL4, etc), program analysis techniques, low-level system software including assembly code, ISA semantics, and functional programming are highly desirable.
Commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Advertised: February 13, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg