Adjunct - Instrumentation
Position Title Adjunct - Instrumentation FLSA Exempt Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provide instruction on function, installation, calibration, trouble shooting and maintenance of industrial process control instrumentation and electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic control devices to train the next generation of Instrumentation Technicians.
Position Type Adjunct Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
High School Diploma or GED . Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Three (3) years of experience as an Instrumentation Technician or I & E Technician.
- Associates Degree in Instrumentation or comparable certification. Five (5) years of experience as an Instrumentation Technician or I & E Technician working in the maintenance of petrochemical/refining instrumentation/analytical equipment.
- Experience with PLC machinery and control systems as well as hydraulic and pneumatic machinery is highly preferred.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of principles, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the installation, operation, maintenance, and modification of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- Skilled in installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of electronic, instrumentation, distributive control systems and programmable logic controllers.
- Skilled in the inspection and repair on control valves, level transmitters, flow meters, and pressure transmitters.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on all types of process instrumentation, i.e. analyzers, pressure switches, level switches, flow switches, gas detectors, PH meters, and conductivity meters.
- Skilled in troubleshooting to diagnose and correct instrumentation problems in the field.
- Skilled in reading and understanding P&ID’S, PFD’S, and perform maintenance tasks using instrument loop sheets.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials through lecture and lab instruction.
Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with COM .
Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Number F32P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 01/12/2018 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1217 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City