Adjunct - Welding (Credit)
Position Title Adjunct - Welding (Credit) FLSA Exempt Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Responsible for providing instruction within the Welding – Industrial Careers Department for credit students. Develop and revise curriculum and course work. Establish and be available for scheduled office hours for student consultation, and maintain open and consistent communications with students. Participate in student advisement and mentoring activities as needed and assigned.
Position Type Adjunct Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
An Associate’s Degree or higher in a qualifying field with at least 3 years of work experience.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledgeable and able to develop and evaluate curriculum using instructional design and adult learning concepts.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Prepare, develop and revise course curriculum and course work.
2. Teach classes as scheduled.
3. Complete all instruction-related paperwork and duties (textbook requests, incomplete grade contracts, test and assignment grading) in a timely fashion or by a deadline assigned by the supervisor and/or established by the College.
4. Define and practice a clear communication policy with students.
5. Participate in student advisement.
6. Maintain office hours for student consultation and returning student emails and phone calls.
7. Adhere to the College academic calendar with regards to submission of grades, attendance at mandatory events, and required contact hours in courses taught.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Work is normally performed in a both a typical interior/classroom and a welding shop environment.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds to move and set-up equipment for demonstration and class room instruction.
Posting Number F44P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 01/29/2018 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1244 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City