Director - College of Law, Charleston/ Equities House
The College of Law (COL) at West Virginia University is seeking a Director for the College of Law – Charleston/Equities House. The College of Law, in partnership with the West Virginia University Extension Service and John Chambers College of Business and Economics, has expanded its presence in Charleston at Equities House. The Director will oversee the strategic development and execution of the COL programs and outreach in Charleston at the Equities House location. The Director will supervise, direct, and administer the day-to-day business and management related to the COL's presence in Charleston. They will provide leadership and support for the establishment and achievement of strategic goals including, but not limited to, collaborating with COL administrators, faculty, and staff to offer additional Continuing Legal Education in Charleston, to expand clinical and externship opportunities for students to serve the southern part of the state, and to support the overall mission of the COL. Additionally, the Director will develop and promote outreach efforts to the bench and bar, state and local government agencies, and other community partners.
This experienced professional must be visionary, strategic, creative, energetic, personable, and an effective day-to-day manager of the program initiatives to complement the COL's mission, vision, and strategic plan. The position will work closely with a variety of faculty and staff at the COL, including the Dean, the Director of Continuing Legal Education, the Director of Externship Programs, the Assistant Dean for Development, as well as clinical law faculty. The Director will also collaborate with administrators, faculty, and staff at WVU, including other WVU partners in Charleston, WVU Extension and the College of Business and Economics.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Implement policies and procedures, program development, financial management, and community relations.
- Coordinate programs and activities within the Kanawha Valley and southern part of the state.
- Execute strategic goals, development, and documentation of the Charleston program.
- Serve as the principal on-site staff person responsible for coordinating all program activities, as well as representing the College of Law locally and regionally.
- Provide strategic guidance and planning as the program's objectives evolve.
- Facilitate consistent, informative communication and effective outreach to partners, including state government agencies, the WV State Bar, the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, and other partners. Help build strong, collaborative, and productive relationships with appropriate organizations and agencies at the local and state levels.
- Create awareness and build consensus for the WVU College of Law – Charleston/Equities House programs and services.
- Manage all administrative aspects including record keeping, budget development, compliance, assisting with fundraising efforts, strategic planning, reporting, answering of phones, correspondence, and mailings.
- Identify and assist with potential grant writing and administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. A J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and being a licensed attorney in good standing is preferred, as is admission to and membership in the West Virginia State Bar; however, individuals with similar educational and professional experience pertaining to the legal profession are encouraged to apply.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated and increasingly progressive responsibility and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- A record of accomplishment, community engagement, budgetary responsibility, and cultural competence is required.
- Event and/or program planning, organization, and implementation beneficial.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to function effectively in an independent environment.
- Must possess excellent and effective interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate a record of superior communication and presentation skills, successful relationship-building, and collaboration with variety of constituencies.
- Must display a high degree of sound business judgment and ethical conduct.
- Strong computer experience using Microsoft's Word, Excel, Power-point strongly preferred.
- The position requires evening and weekend work as well as periodic overnight travel.
- Cover Letter
- Valid Driver's License
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown