Adjunct Instructor - Welding (Continuing Education)
Responsible for providing instruction within the Welding –
Industrial Careers Department for continuing education students.
Develop and revise curriculum and course work. Establish and be
available for student consultation, and maintain open and
consistent communications with students.
An advanced level credit certificate in welding and 3 years
An Associates degree in a qualifying filed with 3 years
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
• Knowledgeable and able to develop and evaluate curriculum using
instructional design and adult learning concepts.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
• Records maintenance skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to use
independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Prepare, develop and revise course curriculum and course
2. Teach classes as scheduled.
3. Complete all instruction-related paperwork and duties (i.e.,
test and assignment grading) in a timely fashion or by a deadline
assigned by the supervisor and/or established by the College.
4. Define and practice a clear communication policy with
5. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Work is normally performed in a both a typical interior/classroom
and a welding shop environment.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds to move and set-up
equipment for demonstration and class room instruction.
Posting Detail Information
Candidates that are eligible apply
Special Instructions to Applicant
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter