User Services Specialist 3 - (STA005837)
Provides senior level support to faculty, staff and students on five operating systems and associated hardware and software.
- Provides support to the academic public regarding intrinsic
operating systems problems.
- Analyzes and resolves the more complex computer programs or
problems that cannot be resolved by less experienced user services
- Provides informal hands-on training to users on the use of
- Develops and maintains current technical documentation and
on-line helpfiles in Support Services.
- Develops and may present short courses designed to introduce
users to hardware and software supported by Support Services.
- Participates in the development of software for Support
Services on an as-needed basis.
- Conducts projects to install or evaluate software or procedures
in its use.
- Provides support for printers and printer queues on the UH
- May provide training to faculty, staff and/or students in a
formal classroom environment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Will consider experience in lieu of education.