PT - On Call Cashier
Posting Number AS32P Position Title PT - On Call Cashier Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provides a variety of routine cashier, bookkeeping and account computation; may perform general office support duties, including data entry, word processing and filing.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Regular
Cash handling experience including daily cash balancing; Customer service experience.
Cashiering at a community college or institution of higher education; Cashiering with a large automated system.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Business arithmetic;
- Basic practices of reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy;
- Basic office practices and procedures; basic record keeping practices;
- Basic computer applications related to the work;
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations;
- Performing detailed office support work; maintaining accurate records of work performed;
- Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures;
- Reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Receive and post payment transactions; balance receipts and reports daily.
- Verify funds to be deposited and apply to appropriate accounts; prepare reports daily.
- Process deposit transmittals from all college areas.
- Performs a variety of basic office support duties such as collating materials, distributing incoming mail, preparing materials for mailing, completing forms, proofreading typed or printed materials, typing correspondence reports and other materials; scanning and saving electronic documents.
- Uses a computer to verify information and may make simple updates.
- Interact with paying customers; Ability to explain account statements and policies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
This position typically requires: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $14.00/hr Mid Point Salary Range $14.00/hr Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 08/13/2020 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1347 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Financial Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City