Part-Time Instructor, Health & Safety Environment-Corporate College
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching Instructors to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Part-time CC Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity, contingent upon the needs of the College and its corporate clients. In partnership with our clients, you will be the direct key to creating a successful outcome in the education of our clients' employee populations in learning critical health, safety and/or environmental protection information, skills, precautions, procedures, best practices and/or laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Delivers training in one or more of the following programs: Workplace Safety, Industrial Hygiene, First Aid/ CPR/Automatic Electronic Defibrillator, OSHA 10- and 30-hour General Industry and/or Construction, Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT), Confined Space Entry, Machine Guarding Standards, Lockout/Tagout, Accident Investigation, and other occupational safety and health topics
- Reviews course content and objectives
- Conducts training sessions and provides feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
- Works with Corporate College to continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; must have demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to provide successful training in spite of less than ideal facilities/classroom environment or equipment occasionally available at client location
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Must demonstrate instructional skills
- Ability to manage complex situations while demonstrating a high degree of judgment, tact and discretion
- Demonstrated commitment to multi-cultural and multi-generational diversity
- Skilled in Windows environment with basic proficiency with common office software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Ability to work days, evenings and/or weekends as needed
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office or lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Equipment required for specific course, e.g., manikins for CPR training
- Travel to the LSC locations and to external classroom/lab locations will be required
- Hours will vary depending on class time
- Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- High school diploma and at least 5 years of related work experience
- Certifications as required for specific course(s) taught
- Associate or Bachelor degree
- Experience in teaching adults
$43.75 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah