Adjunct Instructor - Intro to Industrial & Construction Trades/NCCER Core
Position Title Adjunct Instructor - Intro to Industrial & Construction Trades/NCCER Core FLSA Exempt Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provide instruction on introductory topics for construction and industrial trades such as basic industrial safety, introduction to construction math, construction drawings, hand tools and power tools to train the next generation of industrial trade workers.
Position Type Adjunct Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
High School Diploma or GED . Three (3) years of experience in industrial, construction or other technical trades, such as Millwright, Industrial Maintenance Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician, general construction or in project management. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Completion of an NCCER trade training with level 1 and level 2 may be considered in lieu of work experience.
- Journey-level license if applicable, certificate or degree. Five (5) years of experience in the commercial or industrial fields.
- Experience in training or teaching adult populations.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of worksite safety codes, procedures and practices, preferable knowledgeable of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of material handling guidelines and practices
- Knowledge of construction drawings
- Knowledge of foundations of applied (construction) mathematics, including measurements, scales, fractions, conversions
- Skilled in the use of hand tools and power tools
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and housekeeping for a safe training environment
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials through classroom and lab instruction.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with COM .
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Number F13P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 01/12/2018 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.com.edu/postings/1178 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City