The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the
opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars
from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent
investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as one of
the most research-intensive university in Asia. The postdoc
appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic
appointment as an assistant professor or another international
The Fellowship provides:
- Two year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for
subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability)
- Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000
- Mentorship and support in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Graduated with a PhD degree and no more than 5 years of full
time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic
- Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31
- Applications for the Fellowship must be received by 5
April 2018, midnight
(GMT+8). Late submissions shall not be
- The application form is available for download from
and applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following information is required for submission
- Cover Letter
- Application form:
- Personal Details, including Education and Employment
- Research plan, value to NTU, and expected impact
- Degree transcripts
- CV with Full Publication List (with information on citation and
- Two References (supervisor and one other)
- Additional Information (e.g. information on grants,
- Successful applicants will be notified by 1 June 2018.
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University
(NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally. It is also placed 1st
among the world’s best young universities.
NTU offers engineering, science, business, humanities, arts and
social sciences, and medicine in its joint school with Imperial
With an excellent network of top overseas universities and
industry partners, NTU engages in academic and research activities
with the likes of Imperial College London, Rolls-Royce, BMW,
Lockheed Martin and more.
Helmed by Professor Subra Suresh, NTU is known for its
cutting-edge research and technological innovation. NTU leads the
top Asian universities in normalised research citation impact
(Clarivate Analytics InCites 2015) and is a world leader in
sustainability research, with more than S$1 billion in competitive
funding in this area. It also hosts several multi-million dollar
institutes and centres, including the Singapore Centre on
Environmental Life Sciences Engineering and the Earth Observatory
A cosmopolitan hub of more than 100 nationalities, the NTU
community comprises 33,000 students and about 5,000 faculty and
researchers. The University’s main Yunnan Garden campus has been
named one of the Top 15 Most Beautiful in the World. NTU also has a
campus in Novena, Singapore’s medical district.
NTU is a community of top-notch international faculty and
researchers and we invite you to be part of this world-class
university through the President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship