Adjunct Instructor - Manual Machinist
- High School Diploma. Equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties
of the job. 5 years’ experience in the industrial or technical
field as a Manual Machinist and/or CNC Machinist.
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Machining,
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of manual mills and lathes; set up, programming,
troubleshooting, and operation of manual equipment
- Knowledge of select layout tools, techniques, terminology, basic
machine setups and shop formulas
- Knowledge of blueprint designs
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Perform classroom & lab instruction.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in
accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional material.
- Provide counseling/guidance to students when there is a
- Perform hands-on demonstration and instruction in the lab.
- Implement COM’s Six Core Objectives into the classroom where
applicable; critical thinking, communication, empirical and
quantitative skills, teamwork, social responsibility, personal
- Possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to
be an effective teacher and the aptitude to assist both new and
returning students achieve their educational goals and
- Remain current with the machinist needs of the community
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing
and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Detail Information
Candidates that are eligible apply
Special Instructions to Applicant
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter