Adjunct Instructor - Manual Machinist
Position Title Adjunct Instructor - Manual Machinist FLSA Exempt Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Position Type Adjunct Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
- High School Diploma. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. 5 years’ experience in the industrial or technical field as a Manual Machinist and/or CNC Machinist.
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Machining,
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of manual mills and lathes; set up, programming, troubleshooting, and operation of manual equipment
- Knowledge of select layout tools, techniques, terminology, basic machine setups and shop formulas
- Knowledge of blueprint designs
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Perform classroom & lab instruction.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional material.
- Provide counseling/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Perform hands-on demonstration and instruction in the lab.
- Implement COM’s Six Core Objectives into the classroom where applicable; critical thinking, communication, empirical and quantitative skills, teamwork, social responsibility, personal responsibility.
- Possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher and the aptitude to assist both new and returning students achieve their educational goals and objectives.
- Remain current with the machinist needs of the community employers.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Number F49P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 02/01/2018 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.com.edu/postings/1254 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City