PT - Student Life Assistant
Posting Number AS29P Position Title PT - Student Life Assistant Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Enrich the lives of College of the Mainland students through the promotion of student leadership opportunities, facilitating campus events, and supporting student learning outside of the classroom. The Student Life Assistant ( SLA ) collaborates with fellow SLAs to implement campus events, support student organizations, and manage the gym facility.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Type Regular
- Maintain 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Be in good standing with College of the Mainland regarding all student conduct, academic standing, and financial accounts.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Business arithmetic;
- The use of specified computer applications (Datatel, Microsoft Office & Rapture) involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats;
- Complex or technical office practices and procedures; record keeping practices;
- Applicable regulations, policies and statutes;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a face pace environment.
- Hard worker, good attitude, sense of humor
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with students, faculty, vendors and staff.
- Highly organized; independent.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations;
- Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures;
- Organizing own work and setting priorities
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Provide excellent customer service by welcoming visitors to COM, answering questions to the best of your ability, and wearing a staff nametag and approved apparel.
- Maintain an organized front desk and check out/in rentable equipment.
- Submit maintenance, technology, and marketing requests as needed or directed.
- Assist in the scheduling of rooms/space at the Student Life space.
- Maintain an organized and clean environment.
- Monitor sign posting and remove outdated signage.
- Supervision of Student Recreation room, interacting with students /staff, and ensuring that they conduct themselves safely and according to rules and policy.
- Cleans the facility and grounds.
Student Life Programming
- Participate in planning and facilitate campus events, including but not limited to educational events, social events, volunteer service.
- Assist in gathering student feedback about their experiences and their thoughts on Student Life events.
- Attend night and weekend student life events as needed, assist with all aspects of the event including set-up, take down, and cleaning up afterwards.
Coordinate Intramural Sports
- Support the season scheduling and facilitation of campus intramural sports.
- Attend recreation and club sport games as assigned.
- Officiate or score keep recreation and club sport games as needed.
- Check JC email daily, respond to SLA related emails within one business day.
- Submit time cards for hours worked by provided deadlines.
The Department of Student Life is invested in the ongoing development of students. We seek to support the success of students at College of the Mainland and build skills that will benefit them beyond graduation. SLA staff are expected to enthusiastically engage in ongoing staff development.
- Arrive prepared and punctual to all trainings and meetings.
- Regularly hold individual meetings with the Director of Student Life or Student Life Specialist.
- Actively participate in all trainings and staff meetings.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 02/06/2018 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1262 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City