Adjunct Instructor- Life Science Adjunct Laboratory Instructor
Title: Adjunct Instructor – Life Science Adjunct Laboratory Instructor
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
· Unofficial Transcripts
Position Summary: To provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the laboratory. The major emphasis will be placed on teaching and evaluating students in the laboratories and assisting students as they complete laboratory experiments.
Department: Natural & Behavioral Sciences
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitating instruction in the laboratory as assigned and as outlined in the course descriptions and course syllabi
2. Supervising the study and learning activities of students assigned to the laboratory section(s)
3. Regularly and frequently evaluating and reporting the academic progress of students in the laboratory
4. Demonstrating knowledge of services, regulations, and procedures as defined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook
5. Submitting laboratory grades to the instructors of record
6. Communicating with students and other faculty using the College email messaging system
7. Scheduling two office hours. For extenuating circumstances in which office hours cannot be scheduled, the adjunct faculty member must submit a written plan to the Dean describing how students can access the instructor. Office hours are not paid during the summer session.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college/university with a major in a life science discipline (Biology, Botany, Animal Science).
Availability/Closing Date: This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer. Postings close yearly on January 31; to maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the left to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville