Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
This starting pay for this position is $20.00 per hour. In addition, a sign on bonus of $500 will be paid at hire, with an additional bonus of $500 paid after 12 months of employment.
Position Purpose: The Police Dispatcher for Campus Public Safety supports learning by reliably and effectively answering calls for service and communicating with Campus Public Safety police officers and staff, University personnel, and other internal and external members of the community. This position provides an essential role in maintaining a safe campus by initiating procedures to protect life, prevent injury, protect property, and initiate emergency notifications by clearly transmitting or communicating secure/confidential information via the University campus emergency radio system, telephone system or in person.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of police dispatch experience; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous police dispatcher experience required in a fast-paced role in police department or public safety office.
- A working knowledge of appropriate federal, state and local laws including the Campus Security act of 1997 and the Jeannine Clery Act.
- Ability work accurately and efficiently with and without direct supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively.
- Ability to interpret, and apply, rules and regulations accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to multi task.
- Full-time position, shift work required. The Campus Public Safety office is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This position requires working: rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime as needed.
- Required to obtain and maintain Law Enforcement Agencies Data System (LEADS) certification within two months of employment.
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, a polygraph examination, and pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to utilize computer.
- Ability to interact verbally, electronically, and via telephone and two-way radio.
- In the event of an emergency or crisis, may be called in to work or held over until released by the Director of Campus Public Safety or his/her designee.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.