Extra Help-Operating Engineer
Position Type Civil Service -Extra Help Classification Title Steam & Power Plant III Position's Functional Title Extra Help-Operating Engineer Position Start Date 02/01/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Under general supervision from a Chief Plant Operating Engineer (Steam & Power Plant V), supervises and performs skilled mechanical work in the repair, operation, and maintenance of a heating plant and/or other related mechanical equipment throughout the campus.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all power plant and related equipment required for proper facilities operation.
Perform activities related to the proper start-up, operation, and shutdown of hot water boilers and all related equipment; perform preventative maintenance and repair of all supply and exhaust fans; perform activities required for start-up, operation, and shutdown of all centrifugal chillers and air conditioning units throughout the complex; pull maintenance (take equipment off line) on all pumping equipment; install new piping and repair all existing plumbing equipment associated with steam, water and fire protection lines; enact procedures for testing water and determine from these tests the quantity of chemicals to be added to the system to maintain water balance within these limits; make keys and repair related hardware and locks; operate building temperature and lighting controls; produce and install all required signs throughout complex; maintain records and repair fire protection equipment in complex.
The probationary rate of pay is $37.53. The work schedule is rotating shifts.
1. Must be a resident of the State of Illinois.
2. Must have a valid City of Chicago Stationary Engineer license*.
3. Three (3) years of experience working under the supervision of a Plant Operating Engineer and successful completion of an apprenticeship program
five (5) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of boilers, chillers, heating,
ventilating and air conditioning equipment
4. Must comply with all university, local, state and federal laws, policies, guidelines, practices, and satisfy all evaluative requirements necessary to ensure personal and operational safety.
5. Must have a valid IL State Drivers License.
6. Must pass criminal background check.
7. Must pass Pulmonary Function test.
*For qualification purposes, please scan and attach a copy of your applicable certifications and/or licenses. Copies of such documents will be required at time of exam and time of interview.
Trouble shooting skills
Posting Date 01/22/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0399P Type of Search Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5022 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License?
- Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have at least three years (3) of experience working
under the supervision of a Plant Operating Engineer and have
successfully completed an apprenticeship program?
- Do you have a valid Stationary Engineer license?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest