ATSU - Document Imaging Processor
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Document Imaging Processor on the Kirksville, MO campus. The position reports to the Director of Advancement Services and takes some direction from the Advancement Services Coordinator for day-to-day tasks related to database maintenance. The primary purpose of the Document Imaging Processor is to convert any hard alumni, friends, and other prospect files to electronic prospect/alumni/donor files and import any electronic documents received in the course of routine business. This may include importing documents from other electronic locations to ensure complete files for each constituent. This position also supports database maintenance and cleanup for not only routine tasks but in preparation for future database conversion.
This position serves all campus locations and is based in Missouri. The processor must safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines established by University Advancement.
Major job duties include:
- Prioritize scanning backload of hard (paper) alumni, Still Partner, friend, corporation, foundation, and any other pertinent constituent files.
- Screen hard copy files and judge each document against the standard operating procedure for exclusion or inclusion into the permanent electronic file.
- Use knowledge of alumni and fundraising processes to form judgments to determine the appropriate category of each document.
- Scan documents that have passed the screening tests.
- Evaluate the quality of each scan and ensure that only high-quality scans are included.
- Link documents and correct linking problems.
- Use standard naming conventions to keep files organized; maintain standard document types and provide detailed notes for the free text notes field.
- Demonstrate proficiency in /understanding of the file retention policy, including understanding exceptions.
- Evaluate other locations (e.g. Talisma Fundraising attachment tab, G:Alumni, G:Development, Arizona campus hard copy files) for other documents that should be scanned and included in the overall prospect/alumni/donor file.
- Keep relevant records as needed to track overall progress to goal.
- Provide additional support for database maintenance and
cleanup, as directed by the advancement services coordinator and
the director for advancement services. This may include:
- Entering constituent data for individuals (alumni, friends, faculty, staff) and organizations (including corporations and foundations), including all contact information updates, constituent demographics, and relationship links
- Creating new accounts
- Assist as needed with maintenance of new and terminated employee accounts
- Perform database cleanup and run reports to assess and document
- Other database maintenance tasks as directed
- Import newly received electronic documents.
- Suggest edits to the standard policy and incorporate edits.
- Search projects and documents and assist in exporting data as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of and experience with alumni programming, fundraising, and development particularly in higher education, is preferred. A strong commitment to professional ethics, experience in a non-profit environment, particularly higher education, and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information is absolutely necessary.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Kirksville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Kirksville
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Kirksville
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Part Time jobs in Kirksville