Requisition ID: req2541
Job Title: Adjunct- Finance
Department: Business Programs
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Employment Status: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Contract
Schedule: M-F, days and evenings as needed. Courses are taught at the Delaware and Downtown Columbus campuses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Performs functions of course delivery (face to face and distance learning) as well as course development (traditional and distance learning).
2) Assists as appropriate in the maintenance of instructional materials.
3) Assists in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
4) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course outcomes and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits student grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
5) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with department policies and procedures.
6) Assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
7) Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general operations of the department.
8) Attends department meetings and training and participates appropriately.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge: personal and corporate finance principles, banking, and investments. Skill in: applied technology(Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), communication, interpersonal interaction, and presenting. Ability to engage students in the teaching and learning process.
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business with a Finance major with at least five years' experience in the Finance industry above entry level. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in Finance or Accounting with finance experience. Prior teaching experience and Blackboard or other learning management system experience.
Additional Information: May be required to teach on Main Campus, at off-site locations, and/or via distance learning. There is a particular need for Adjuncts that are available to teach during the day. Online only instructors need not apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Accounting & Finance Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus