Adjunct Instructor - PK-12 Leadership Courses
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses online and/or on campus.
The School of Education is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach PK-12 Leadership Courses in graduate courses on-ground . The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Develop course syllabus.
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching and learning strategies to deliver course content effectively and to ensure that a focus on the real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-48 hrs.).
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Doctor of Education
• Experience of PK-12 building leadership and/or district leadership.
• Experience of leading teachers to develop effective teaching and learning strategies to improve student achievement.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: January 16, 2020