ATSU - Associate Director of Sustained Giving
A.T. Still University is seeking an Associate Director of Sustained Giving for the Kirksville, MO campus. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
Annual and sustained giving forms the backbone of the fundraising program in higher education. The associate director of sustained giving, therefore, will plan, manage and execute a comprehensive sustained giving program aimed at broadening the donor base, facilitating increased donor loyalty, and building a pipeline leading to leadership, major, principle, and transformational giving.
Major job duties include:
- Manage, develop, and expand ongoing sustained giving programs using an integrated multi-channel approach--direct mail, phone campaigns, electronic platforms, print media and publications, and personal solicitation--for multiple constituencies (alumni, employees, parents, and friends). This position is intended to create and sustain the base of the fundraising program, focusing on raising funds below the major gift and leadership giving level, enabling major and leadership gift fundraisers to focus on gift ranges in their respective areas of responsibilities.
- Create a case for support for the sustained giving programs to promote consistent recurring giving.
- Draft and implement a fundraising plan prior to each fiscal year, including a solicitation calendar and a segmentation plan and strategies; commence execution on July 1 each year. This plan will outline key tasks and fundraising strategies, incorporate a multi-channel approach, and outline the stewardship plan.
- Prepare the sustained giving program budget for each budget cycle, to be incorporated into the annual university advancement budget submission; monitor monthly for trends.
- In partnership with university communications and marketing, maintain an integrated electronic giving platform incorporating online giving, e-mail and web-based appeals, and social media appeals to engage constituents and drive regular, sustained giving to the university.
- In partnership with the advancement services team, facilitate effective stewardship of sustained giving donors through print and electronic formats (iconnect, website, gift acknowledgments, marketing materials).
- Coordinate the centralized white coat sponsorship program for multiple disciplines and campuses.
- Plan and execute a unified employee giving campaign for multiple campuses.
- Maintain a working relationship with the college and school deans/department chairs and development and advancement services staff.
- Manage a portfolio of 20 to 30 sustained/annual giving prospects, with independent responsibility to develop and execute strategies leading to a sustained/annual gift solicitation for each prospect. This may include periodic travel to engage in face-to-face cultivation.
- Plan and execute a minimum of three face-to-face visits monthly, with the purpose of cultivating and stewarding sustained giving donors.
- Coordinate with prospect development/business analyst to develop the digital fundraising and email marketing channel, in coordination with direct mail, phone, and social media channels, to support multiple-segmented appeals throughout the giving year.
- Assist in the formation of engagement programs focused on current students and young alumni.
- Use program data to measure success and analyze appeals, programs, and segments for the development of strategies to achieve improvement. This will include an evaluation of historical and current data to inform donor segmentation strategies and select appropriate solicitation channels.
- Travel across the United States, locating, meeting,
cultivating, and motivating alumni and friends to engage
philanthropically with the university.
- Work evenings and weekends periodically as needed.
Candidates with a bachelor's degree in one of the following areas preferred: business administration, accounting, journalism, marketing, communication, public relations, fund-raising, or other related field.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville