Professional Tutor - Mathematics (9 month, part-time)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: A professional tutor in mathematics supports learning by providing professional tutoring and academic support to students at all levels of the University. Professional tutors are primarily engaged in assisting students with courses in the tutor's academic discipline, but they also support courses with math-related material across the disciplines. This individual will provide individual and small group tutoring to students in the Academic Support Center. This is a 9-month position working approximately 10-20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master's degree in mathematics required
- Experience in higher education strongly preferred
- Able to utilize excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen with empathy and respect, communicate clearly, and convey courtesy, patience, sincerity and a desire to help.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and faculty, characterized by cooperation, attention to detail, flexibility, reliability, efficiency and personal responsibility.
- Able to interact with diverse personalities and populations with respect and sensitivity.
- Able to handle testing materials and administer tests with integrity and strict adherence to instructions.
- Able to utilize technology including social media effectively.
- Ability to work various shifts weekdays during the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM desirable
- Sitting or standing at desk/worktable with student(s); moving about the office; moving about the campus.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.