Microbiology/Majors Biology Professor
College of the Sequoias
College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking a
candidate to fill a full-time, tenured-track position in the
Biology Department beginning August 2018.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse
community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving
Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in
transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our
students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed
to helping a diverse population of students achieve their
educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding
and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a
passion for student success.
The primary teaching assignment will be in Microbiology and Majors
Biology. Teaching assignments may include general education biology
courses, or other biology classes as determined by the college.
Initial assignment may include evening classes weekend classes, and
teaching at any of our locations in Visalia, Hanford, and/or
Participation in the governance of the College by way of committee
assignments is expected. Other responsibilities include maintenance
of a number of office hours, full participation in departmental
responsibilities and the willingness to create and/or participate
in and sustain an atmosphere of equality which is respectful of
diversity campus wide.
The candidate must meet the following criteria. The degree must be
from an institution accredited by the Western Association of
Schools and Colleges or the equivalent. If the candidate holds a
Ph.D. in a biological science, the candidate will be considered to
have met the minimum requirements.
- Master's degree in any biological science OR
- Bachelor's degree in any biological science AND Master's degree
in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science OR
- The equivalent AND
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse
academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students.
Note: If claiming equivalency, please complete and submit the
appropriate Equivalency paperwork found at:
Your equivalency paperwork must be submitted as a "supplemental
attachment" within the "Attachment" section of this
The Biology Department is looking for evidence of the
- Teaching experience in Microbiology and Majors
- Experience in designing and implementing microbiology lab
experiences in a college classroom setting.
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
- Graduate and/or undergraduate coursework related to
Microbiology and Majors Biology.
- Familiarity with the educational needs of community college
students pursuing Nursing and Allied Health careers.
- Experience in and/or commitment to working with students from
diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic and disability
- Evidence of ability to use a variety of teaching strategies and
assessment methods that encourage retention while successfully
challenging a diverse student population.
- Ability to make a positive contribution to the instructional
program at College of the Sequoias by developing instructional
activities, course syllabi, and other necessary
- Ability to incorporate student learning outcome objectives
within courses and programs and assess those outcomes.
- Experience with or interest in alternative instructional
Applicants must submit the following material to be considered at
- Completed online job application.
- Diversity Statement (included within the online job
- Cover Letter which addresses the Desirable
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work.
Official transcripts are required upon employment.
- Equivalency documents (if necessary)
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent
experience or equivalent competencies
College of the Sequoias Community College District
915 S. Mooney Blvd.
Sequoia Room 5
Visalia, California, 93277.
Copyright Â©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE
value-added recruitment advertising agency