About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
We are seeking MSN, Ph.D., or DNP prepared nurses to instruct in all four of our programs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Classroom lectures, skills training and clinical practicum within local healthcare facilities.
- She/he is responsible for assuring regulatory compliance with accreditation, state, and Federal guidelines.
- Follow the curriculum aimed at assisting students pass the NCLEX licensing exam. Occasional travel between clinical placement sites and campus classes may be needed.
- Build and maintain relationships between local facilities and community programs regarding public health, geriatric, acute, chronic, and vulnerable populations.
- Supervise and evaluate students in didactic and clinical settings.
- MSN, Ph.D. and or DNP prepared nurses holding an unencumbered current Rhode Island Nursing License. Clinical placements are also in Massachusetts, Nursing Licensure in the State of Massachusetts is also recommended.
- Teaching experience with multi-cultural either classroom or clinical setting.
- Minimum of two years' full time employment in nursing or its equivalent within the past five years, and evidence of clinical competence in area of didactic and clinical instruction.
- Qualified applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Current CPR and immunizations
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter, resume, and names/contact information of three professional references. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.