KCOM - Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs
The founding school of osteopathic medicine, A.T. Still University—Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine is looking to recruit for our Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs position. An ideal candidate must have an outgoing personality and will be charged with providing oversight and leadership for the management of clinical affairs, ensuring all needs are met to maintain clinical rotation sites for students. This position will also ensure all accreditation requirements associated with clinical training are followed.
Major job duties for the Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs include, but are not limited to:
- Provide inspired leadership to department and regional sites
- Work to develop new clinical rotation sites and maintain current ones
- Build relationships across regions to increase KCOM’s footprint and impact
- Perform site visits to regional rotation sites annually as part of assigned teams
- Develop and maintain good relationships with affiliated hospitals and clinic systems providing education for students
- Oversee assistant dean for clinical affairs, director of clinical affairs and AHEC director
- Provide evaluations and ultimate oversight of regional deans/DSMEs, assistant dean and director of clinical affairs
- Build alliances with other COMs delivering clinical education
- Engage at national level with professional organizations relevant to medical education
Any interested candidate for the position must have a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a Doctor of Medicine degree, or a Doctor of Health Administration degree.