Instructor I EMS
Instructor I EMS
2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Instructor I EMS
Teach Continuing Education to area Fire departments. Train students on proper emergency procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and direct students on proper emergency procedures to include: suctioning, oxygen therapy, airway management, traction, splinting, bandaging, etc.
- Demonstrate CPR procedures. including but not limited to: CPR instruction for infants and adults, spinal immobilization, vital signs, patient assessment, etc.
- Direct students in the proper procedure for medical administration such as: metered dose inhalers, epi pens, sublingual intramuscular injection, subcutaneous injection, endotracheal, cardioversion, code management, defibrillation, and destrostick.
- Train students on the proper procedures for ECG Recognition, such as: endotracheal intubation for adult and infant, esophageal intubation, intraosseous infusion, intravenous catheter insertion, external cardiac pacing, pneumatic anti-shock trousers, and automatic external defibrillation.
- Provide information in the areas of expertise including but not limited to: hazardous materials, communications, ambulance operations, and multi-casualty incidents.
- Keep up-to-date and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain current working knowledge.
- Assist faculty as needed.
- Work with the instructor and students in operating equipment.
- Coordinate and facilitate groups of students without instructor's supervision.
- Keep up to date with and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain current working knowledge.
- Direct and/or evaluate students through skills practice in the proper procedures for safe and effective use of EMS equipment and simulation manikins.
- Prepare EMS lab sessions with the proper amount of materials and equipment necessary to effectively teach or evaluate EMS skills for each student.
- Maintain current working knowledge of pre-hospital practices and EMS education curriculum.
- Maintain a safe lab environment during skills training and evaluation sessions.
- Train and direct students on proper CPR procedures to include: rescue breathing, opening of the airway, chest compressions, and AED operation while utilizing AHA approved training materials; train and direct students in BLS procedures and protocols.
- Train and direct students on proper activation of emergency response systems.
- Train and direct students in proper assessment techniques to include: medical assessment, trauma assessment, pediatric and geriatric assessment.
- Keep up-to-date on AHA CPR revisions in order to maintain current working knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience as a Paramedic functioning on an emergency response ambulance.
Paramedic certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services or equivalent state approved certification. ACLS, ITLS, PALS certification preferred.
Current Texas Department of Public Safety Licenses, Class A or Class B.
Must be insurable with the College's insurance carrier.
This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. (Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of EMS practices
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Knowledge of pre-hospital practices
- Knowledge of proper assessment techniques
- Skill to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment in a safe and correct manner
- Interpersonal skills
- Teaching and testing skills
- Ability to deliver instructional presentations
- Ability to make timely decisions appropriate to the situation, circumstances and facts at hand
- Ability to interact in a fair and courteous manner with a variety of individuals
- Ability to prepare EMS lab
- Ability to train and direct students
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $29.54 - 29.54
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney