International Admissions Specialist
The International Admissions Officer is a vital position in the recruitment, enrollment, retention and graduation of international students - undergraduate and graduate. This also includes international students who are visiting and exchange students.
This position is based in Alumni Hall (Enrollment Management) which houses all recruitment and admissions activities and plays a major role in the admission of international students. In addition to international student services, this position supports the Assistant Director and works with a wide variety of campus offices, to provide services and activities, as well as to maintain student's immigration and visa requirements, in the other areas overseen by the Office of International Student Services. This is a 12-month, non-exempt professional position
- Serve as a primary resource for international students during all phases (prospective students/applicants, pre-application, application, post-application, during and after studies); this includes managing a general office e-mail account (email@example.com) and a phone line and responding to inquiries in a timely manner;
- Coordinate the application processes for (incoming) exchange/visiting students;
- Manage the admissions processes for incoming international students;
- Manage the office's international student social media presence and international students website;
- Manage international students newsletter;
- Coordinate funding and scholarship support for international students and maintaining a database of scholarship opportunities to advise students;
- Maintains accurate international student files and records by documenting advisement, and following other standard record-keeping procedures (Banner, Terra Datta, SEVIS, hard copy files) in alignment with institutional, state, and federal guidelines;
- Serve as one of three campus Designated School Official (F-Visas) and a campus Alternate Responsible Officer (J-Visas); is responsible for creating and maintaining student immigration records and documents for accepted international students, including the initial
- I-20s and DS-2019's, post- arrival validation/immigration registration, travel authorizations, and entering changes into SEVIS as needed (address; phone; major, program, or degree level; education level; transfers; leaves of absence/ suspension; travel; program extensions; employment authorizations; etc.)
- Collect, collate, and organize data regarding international students for sharing with other offices, faculty, staff, or other internal or external constituencies; prepares, updates, and/or disseminates documents, statistical reports, publications, surveys, and advertising materials;
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred.
- At least one year of experience in international admissions within a higher education setting;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point, Facebook, other social media plat forms, and web-based applications;
- At least one year working in SEVIS system, with student I-20 forms, and as a PDSO or DSO;
- Must have had SEVIS DSO or PDSO credentials and training;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team setting as well as independently;
- Demonstrated experience in a multicultural environment is required.
- Demonstrated experience in international admissions is required.
- Previous experience as a university Designated School Official or PDSO
- Fluency in, or familiarity with a second language other than English;
- Experience with Terra Datta software.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred