Instructor I CPR
Instructor I CPR
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Instructor I CPR
Teach and educate people on how to perform and or improve on their CPR skills. Evaluate each person's skills and give a written exam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and direct students on proper CPR procedures to include: rescue breathing, opening of the airway, chest compressions, and AED operation while utilizing AHA approved training materials.
- Set up equipment for hands on portion on the class (manikins, masks, bag and mask, one way valves, knee pads).
- Train and direct students in BLS procedures and protocols.
- Play video that explains each step of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and elaborate on the high points.
- Keep up-to-date on AHA CPR revisions in order to maintain current working knowledge.
- Train and direct students on proper activation of emergency response systems.
- Train and direct students in proper assessment techniques to include: effectiveness of respirations and presence of a pulse in adults, children, and infants while utilizing AHA approved training materials.
- Maintain a clean lab and stage area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of related experience required. Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provide (BLS) Instructor Card.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of class details and what students should expect to get out of the class
- Knowledge of how to set up the room for a class
- Knowledge of equipment needed to instruct class
- Knowlege of the correct placement of hands for chest compressions
- Organizational skills
- Instructional skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to play videos on the computer or DVD player
- Ability to assist students, as needed, with CPR techniques
- Ability to ventilate the manikin with a pocket mask
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $29.54 - 29.55
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney