Post-Doctoral Fellow , Mechanical Engineering II
Mechanical Engineering II
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Materials Science and Engineering Program at Worcester Polytechnic Institute is looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work on research related to new manufacturing methods for lithium ion batteries. The project’s objective is to develop low cost batteries capable of fast charging for EV applications. In order to achieve the goal, the team will further develop an innovative manufacturing method for hetero-structured electrodes in order to achieve fast charging capability and low-cost batteries. The postdoc will collaborate with industry and other universities in this project. Position requires a completed Ph.D. degree in electrochemistry and/or Materials Science and Engineering, as well as authorization for employment in the U.S. are both required.
- Experience in battery material synthesis and electrochemical testing is required.
- Experience in other characterization techniques such as SEM, TEM, XRD are also preferred.
- Specific research activities of this position will include characterizing the structure of battery material, conduct the electrochemical testings, and analyze the electrochemical properties and draft papers.
To apply please attach a CV and cover letter
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester