Under general supervision, the Professional Expert provides assistance and support in accordance with assignments and directions from the supervisor. Professional Experts:
- Have specialized knowledge or expertise not generally required of or found in the classifications established by the District.
- Must be specially trained, experienced, or competent to perform expert services.
- Are used on a temporary basis for a specific project or projects.
- Terms of employment will be described in the Professional Expert Agreement
Non-academic, non-classified Professional Experts are not part of classified service. Non-academic, non-classified short-term employees are at-will employees and have no entitlement rights to any position in the District. Professional Expert employment shall not result in the displacement of Classified personnel.
* Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
Tutoring students in a specific assigned subject area in order to assist them in their academic preparation or in class assignments in order to maximize the students’ ultimate academic success. Tutor Expert requires varying levels of specialized knowledge, skills, and experience in tutoring methodologies, including peer tutoring, embedded tutoring, and/or supplement instruction. Requires subject matter and content area competency.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Education and Experience:
- Level I – Entry level of a series. Successful completion of the course(s), with a grade 'B' or higher, for which tutoring services are being provided or a higher level course in that subject area. Familiarity with Learning Management Systems: Canvas. Or, any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Level II – One year of experience as Tutor Expert Level I or equivalent.
- Level III – Completion of four years of college with major course work in area providing tutoring. Two years of experience as Tutor Expert Level I or equivalent.
- Level IV - Completion of Bachelor's degree and some graduate level course work in area providing tutoring. Two years of experience as Tutor Expert Level I or equivalent.
Conditions of Employment
This is a professional expert position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The effective dates of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill temporary/short-term assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary/short-term assignments as the need arises. Applications will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application .
Employment is contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
- Answers to ALL Supplemental Questions, if any (please provide clear and detailed responses, where applicable, as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not paste your resume, put 'see resume' or 'N/A', or leave blank).
**If you are invited for an interview you may be asked to provide a copy of your transcripts and a Letter of Recommendation written by an Instructor.
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College , Golden West College , and Orange Coast College . The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
This direct link 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is the 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Coast Colleges. The crime statistics for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019 were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education as required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. A hardcopy can be provided from one of the Campus Safety Offices. Please contact any of the Campus Safety Offices for any questions regarding the report.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa