Game Management Staff
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The Game Management Staff is an essential part of every athletic event at Roxbury Community College.
The responsibilities of the Game Management Staff include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of game clock.
- AP announcer.
- Game date set-up.
- Scoreboard operation.
- Assembly and breakdown of all game day events for soccer, basketball, and track & field.
- Enter statistical data into the NJCAA database (Prestosports) after games.
- Notify game officials, visiting teams, and work study staff of any game changes, postponements, or cancellations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Institutional, NJCAA and/or NCAA policies and procedures, Roxbury Community College rules and NJCAA Region XXI conference rules are required.
- Knowledge of college athletics statistical analytics for soccer, basketball, and track and field.
- Ability to setup and breakdown scheduled events.
- Ability to exhibit good judgement.
- Support the Division's Collaborative Mission.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours (nights & weekends) required.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Submit application with a resume and cover letter.
This is a part-time, non benefited, temporary position. The weekly hours will fluctuate based on athletic events at the College.
We are looking to hire 3-6 staff for this role.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Athletics Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston