Part-time Faculty Chemistry & Biochemistry
Working Title Part-time Faculty Chemistry & Biochemistry Department Chemistry and Biochemistry Full Time or Part Time? Part - Time Position Number tbd Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Northern Kentucky University is seeking to create a database of potential part-time instructors who are qualified to teach courses in one or more of the following disciplines:
THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC POSITION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSTING . THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CREATE A DATABASE OF POTENTIAL PART - TIME FACULTY .
While we welcome teaching expertise in all areas, our most common needs are in the general chemistry sequence ( CHE 120, CHE 120L, CHE 121L, CHE 121L) and physiological chemistry ( CHE 115, CHE 115L).
Teaching responsibilities involve:
1) Teaching a two or three-contact hour course.
2) Creating a syllabus with a timeline of classes for students.
3) Provide a meeting time for students.
4) Managing the MyNKU online grading system.
Also, under the direction of the Academic Department Chair:
• Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct professor is responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to standardized learning objectives.
• Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic department chair. The adjunct professor is responsible for reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the academic department chair and other full-time faculty teaching the course.
• Facilitate class instruction. The adjunct professor is responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives and session plan outlines
• The adjunct professor is expected to administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics.
All course grades must be posted in MyNKU.
All applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a closely related discipline.
Please submit your application with a cover letter, vitae, and the names of at least three professional references.
Any candidate selected for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree
Requisition Number 2019F449 Job Open Date 12/02/2019 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9023 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport