Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Project Manager manages Information Technology strategic and
tactical projects, as well as projects that come from the
department of Human Resources, Finance, Media Technologies &
Production (MTP), Facility Management and cross-departmental data
and business improvement initiatives. Reporting to the Director of
PMO, the Project Manager is responsible for managing projects to
produce the most desired outcomes that meet business objectives.
Following the standard PMO framework, the project manager plans,
prioritizes, executes, and keeps the project team organized and
coordinated to achieve the defined project goals. The project
manager is expected to be efficient in PPM tools and dashboards to
provide regular status updates to the project team, and share key
project information through visual presentation and summary report
to the project sponsor, stakeholders or senior leadership. Under
PMO's leadership, the project manager plays a key role in building
a comprehensive enterprise project portfolio, and is instrumental
to the establishment and rolling out of standard project management
methodologies to the Emerson community.
- Collaborate with various business department users to define,
prioritize and develop projects. Ensure project alignment with
business goals and strategic initiatives.
- Create detailed project plans that include clear objectives,
timelines, deliverables, staffing requirements, constraints,
scopes, and defined risks following the PMO Project Management
- Provide regular analysis of project status, remediating
problems as they arise, effectively communicate risk and manage
accountability of project team members to ensure project
- Develop and maintain consultant and vendor relationships, and
ensure obligations and quality work are fulfilled within the
statements of work.
- Prepare regular project status updates and summary reports to
stakeholders for strategic projects.
- Organize meetings with a clear meeting agenda. Document and
share meeting notes in a precise and timely manner.
- Oversee the use of project management tools, identify gaps in
the tool and work with vendors to improve its
- Provide support and training to departmental business managers
and staff so project management methodologies and best practices
are adopted and consistently utilized.
- Continue to mature the project management framework through
active coaching, identifying gaps and making
- Expand enterprise project portfolio management footprint
through outreaching and collaboration including project intake,
writing business proposals and documenting process
- Track project performance by timely assessment of short and
long-term achievements, identifying gaps for future
- Create comprehensive project documentation through developing
tracking sheets, diagrams, visual dashboards, reports or process
maps. Ensure the use of project management tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify specific project
requirements to make sure business needs are met and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and work
- PM certification or Scrum Master certification with minimum 10
years project management, or combination of project management,
Client Relation or Business Systems Analyst experience.
- Significant experience in managing large scope and complex IT,
Enterprise Resource Planning and data consolidation or data
- Exceptional documentation, communication and interpersonal
- Extensive vendor management, negotiation and conflict
resolution experiences and skills.
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies and
- Ability to communicate, motivate and persuade the project team,
and gain support from leadership teams to achieve the desired
- Ability to solve problems creatively and
- Excellent organizational skills including multitasking and
attention to details.
- Self-starter, work independently under minimum
- Master Degree in related fields.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Experience with modern project management/portfolio management
- Previous experience working in a Higher Ed setting.
Grade of Position: A19E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
This position will be exclusively represented by the Service
Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 888 for purposes of
wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed
to the health and well-being of our employees and family members.
We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to
work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited
out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs,
and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution
once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability
coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our
for a full list of benefits and
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Project-Manager_JR003983
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution
dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a
liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of
the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to
major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers.
The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands.
Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate
students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational
experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from
individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our
co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College
enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our
campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening
communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development
of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful
citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in
its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the
Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to
respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct
Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza,
Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone:
617-824-8999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson
College commits to providing all current and prospective students
and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for
each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police
Information on Emerson College staff grade range